IT Automation is looking for a Software Test Engineer to support client projects. We consider students with OPT/CPT status with 2+ years of experience working in a similar role. This new resource will supplement our Agile Development team onsite with our client.
What you’ll do
As a Software Development Engineer in Test in the Enterprise QA at our company, you will work closely with the Agile Development team. You will be responsible for software testing activities, throughout the software release cycle. You will test the cloud-based SaaS applications for new releases, and will -
- Coordinate with Scrum team and Business Analyst to review User Stories and functional requirements or design specifications to create unique test cases in accordance with criteria reflecting real customer environments.
- Collaborate with cross functional team members to review test design and test cases.
- Work with test team members to write automation scripts and automated test cases, setup test environment and test data for completed Functional Test Coverage.
- Understand and work in an Agile Implementation plan
- Use Java programming skills to write Test Scripts in Selenium Web Driver
- Create and build a Framework, setup and configure TestNG and or using POM (Page Object Model) to meet company standards
- Manage code execution using Maven, setup Maven depenedencies
- Use Jenkins for continuous integration/execution of code in CI/CD environments
- Share TestNG results with Scrum team
- Log defects in HP ALM, collaborate with offshore team in defect management, resolve test script issues, deploy code in QA environments and execute Regression Suite
- Coordinate with offshore team and train on automation framework, add Value
- Use SoapUI to test Web Services and RESTful APIs
- Write simple to complex SQL queries to validate data integrity
- Participate in project scoping and scheduling; track progress of individual tasks and communicate status and risks
- Report to Scrum team in daily-standup, manage QA tasks in Jira for project reporting
- A minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- 2+ years of experience in Java programming or development skills
- 2+ years of experience writing SQL queries
- 3+ years of experience working on enterprise applications and software testing